Friday, May 29, 2015

Stardate 5/29/15

I've been out for a while! On the 14th I had a great time learning how to build an app. I built a basic workout app that links to a google calendar that I can sign in on, keeping track of when and what workout I did. It was really cool!

Last week (the 21st) I was at home on Vicodin thanks to some dental problems. That was unpleasant, but it would've been a lot worse without the Vicodin.

Today, we've been learning about making websites. It's actually really easy to do using a content manager like Wordpress. This could be a really useful tool in the classroom, but also out in the world. Being able to create a site for a business or a group (especially one that's free) is super helpful. I missed a lot of stuff for Dream Weaver so I don't understand any of what Denvy is talking about right now, but we have the choice to use Wordpress as well so I should still be ok. No one else really seems to like Dream Weaver either, I'm assuming because it's fairly complicated and nothing appears to be done for you unfortunately. It allows for more creative freedom, but it also takes more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment